Brief details of the talk
The legislation of Security of Payment (Construction Industry Security of Payment Bill) was in the final drafting stage and will pass to LegCo for vetting in the close future.
The speaker had a chance to undertake a trial Adjudication going through the process of such procedure. It will be beneficial and meaningful for construction managers to understand the “what” and “how” of the whole process and get prepared to such significant change of the contractual side of construction, and thereby embrace the opportunities of such legislation.
The seminar will be straightforward and realistic. However, confidential and sensitive information of the trial Adjudication will not be disclosed.
Please click here for On-line Registration (confirmation e-mail will be sent to successful registrants in due course)
|Organised by:||Hong Kong Institute of Construction Managers (HKICM)|
|Date:||31 May 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Time:||7:00 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Venue:||Online CPD Live via Zoom|
Mr. Jeff Cheng
|Language:||Cantonese supplemented by English|
|Enrollment Fee:||HKICM and HKIS Member HK$ 150.00|
Non-member HK$ 180.00
|Deadline:||24 May 2023 (Wednesday)|
Partner in the Construction and Engineering Practice of the Hong Kong office of international law firm Hogan Lovells
– One of the few lawyers listed in the “Hall of Fame” (for Construction) of Legal 500, a leading legal directory in Hong Kong and recognised as a leading individual in various
authoritative legal directories.
– Qualified as a Chartered Civil and Structural Engineer
– Member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (MHKIE) (Civil & Structural disciplines)
– Qualified as a solicitor
– Has undertaken a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious construction legal work in respect of both building and civil projects
– Including both pursuing and defending a number of professional negligence claims
– Acts as an arbitrator and has had substantial experience in other dispute resolution procedures including mediation
– HKMAAL Accredited Mediator and a Panel Mediator of HKIAC
– Has also spoken widely on topics relating to arbitration and construction legal issues.
Dr. Daron LEUNG, Vice President of The Hong Kong Federation of Occupational Safety & Health Association, Immediate Past President of The Hong Kong Occupational Safety & Health Association, Principal Consultant of Occupational Safety & Health & Environmental Consulting Associate Ltd.
Joseph Chung is a Solicitor Advocate. He is also a registered foreign lawyer of the
Singapore International Commercial Court. He was previously a Barrister until he became a Solicitor in 2001. He is also a fellow member of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors.
Joseph has extensive experience in all aspects of construction in both private and public sector work, advising developers, contractors, consultants and banks.
Over the years in his practice as a lawyer, he has been involved in many high profile construction projects, including the Hong Kong airport core project, the Express Rail Link and the Hong Kong-Macau-Zhuhui Bridge. He was involved in the Commission of Inquiry into Excess Lead found in Drinking Water in 2015/2016. He is recommended in the area of construction in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2014 – 2021 editions) and acknowledged as one of the leading lawyers in the area of construction in Chambers Asia Pacific (2014 – 2021 editions) and the exclusive winner of the “Construction” category in Hong Kong by the Client Choice Awards 2018 & 2021. He is also recognised as a Leading Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyer (2020 – 2021) and a Leading Front End Construction, Infrastructure & Projects Lawyer (2020) by Doyle’s Guide Hong Kong.
Joseph is the co-author of the Hong Kong version of one of the leading UK construction text “Emden’s Construction Law in Hong Kong”.